[sword-devel] Translating the TSK

Robert Hunt hunt.robertj at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 17:21:15 MST 2011

On 10/07/11 03:17, Peter von Kaehne wrote:
> Hi guys!
>
> I am experimenting at the moment with some new found skills around XML
> handling and other Perl stuff.

> I pick out the references and translate them (libsword can do this for me)
>
> I then take the keywords and get google to translate them. I take those
> translations and check them against the relevant FarOPV verse text. If
> the word is in the text, all is fine. If not, I highlight it as worth
> checking.

> What do you think?
Yes, this is exciting! I have been wanting to work on something similar
for some time, except that I work more in minority languages, and Google
translate falls down there (plus I believe Python is more maintable than
Perl, sorry). Since translations aren't available for minority
languages, the process has to be reduced to statistics applied to the
translation.

Blessings,
Robert.