[sword-devel] Unusual markup in the Treasury of David

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Thu Jan 27 23:01:44 MST 2011

On 1/27/2011 5:57 AM, Peter von Kaehne wrote:

>> Von: Jonathan Morgan<jonmmorgan at gmail.com>
>>    Is
>> this formatting what was intended, or is it just one of those things?
>
> I think this is a) an ancient module and b) a clear demonstration what happens when modules go in to the repos without validity check.
>
> Which brings me to a question - how do people do validity checks on IMP format modules?
>
> imp2gbs ->  mod2osis ->  validity check?
>
> That is a bit round about and I have not done it on recent gen book modules, but simply tried checking by eye ball (but the texts were short).
>
> I think a simple imp2osis would be a useful addition. Maybe I write one, unless there is something I am missing.

For Bibles, there's an imp2osis.pl with the other Perl converters.

For the Westminster docs that you sent me, I was really only concerned
that each individual entry was well-formed and valid, so I converted it
from IMP to OSIS via emacs regex search & replace, rather than doing
proper nesting of entries via some complicated script. Specifically, I
transformed each \$\$\$\(.+?\)^J to </div><div osisID="\1">^J, converted
the IMP tree address to an osisID, removed the first added </div>, added
a </div> to the end, and wrapped the whole thing in appropriate OSIS doc
tags.

--Chris