[sword-devel] Word of God Bibles in a repo?

Nic Carter niccarter at mac.com
Thu Jan 27 19:18:56 MST 2011

Hi guys,

Just a quick question for you all . . .  There are a few SWORD modules available from http://www.wordofgod.in that don't seem to be available via our internal InstallManager.  I was wondering if anyone had tried to get them into a repo, or as them if they are interested in setting up their own repo?  Given that we are able to report download statistics on the various modules that people download from CrossWire, we could do that for them if required?

Given how easy the core-API guys have made it to install modules within our various front-ends, wouldn't it help their Bibles get more widely used if they were easier to install?  :)

Anyway, just a random thought.  I had a guy email me about making a Tamil Bible available for use in PS, and while it's quite possible to manually install a ZIP of a module, it would be much more preferable to allow users to just tap on the Install button in the InstallManager...  ;)

Thanks heaps, ybic
	nic...  :)