[sword-devel] Bibtex for modules

Trevor Jenkins trevor.jenkins at suneidesis.com
Fri Jan 14 10:50:22 MST 2011

On Thu, 13 Jan 2011, Peter von Kaehne <refdoc at gmx.net> wrote:

> > b) How does an end user refomat a specific citation from obtained from
> > Sword converted to another format?
>
> Absolutely any and every open source bibliographic software can handle
> BibTeX - at least as import format, if not as native format. Most can
> also export into other formats.

Yes indeed any and every open source bibliographic software can but not
everyone uses them. Indeed the most frequently used bibliographic package
installed out there amongst the market is neither open source nor handles
BibTeX. EndNote is by far the market leader and it does not accept BibTeX
(probably deliberately on the part of ThompsonReuters). To make an
assumption about what users actually have to hand is a gross
generalisation. Not everyone is as committed to open source or is
permitted to be. When I returned to univeristy, as a mature student, a ew
years ago the expectation was that all 10,000 students in the univeristy
would use EndNote. There was no mention of any open source products at
all. Installation of unapproved software is a dismissable offence.

Regards, Trevor

<>< Re: deemed!