[sword-devel] [jsword-devel] Missing short bible book names for most languages

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Tue Jan 11 01:28:54 MST 2011

On 10/01/11 23:37, Martin Denham wrote:

> I did wonder if there might be an alternative source of short names,
> possibly from another sword project like Xiphos, that we could use to
> insert the correct short names in our properties files.

I think the problem is - the locale abbreviations are only meant to be
there if the abbreviations are non-obvious, i.e. not deductable for the
software.

First Corinthians
1Cor

but not:

Isaiah

Isa

So, even those languages you listed as will not by necessity have the
"proper" short names. If they have, this is - strictly - redundant for
the purpose of the locale files (at least in their current incarnation).

I copy this into sword-devel as there are more readers there.

Peter