[sword-devel] Problem with Hebrew and English and Strongs in SWORD Parallel view (RtL and LtR)

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Fri Feb 25 11:56:53 MST 2011

If you intended Hebrew text to come through, it didn't. You aren't very
specific about which front end you're using, but I assume you meant "The
SWORD Project for Windows" (BibleCS). It has a significantly different
text layout system relative to other front ends, so if you meant that
front end, then "or Bible program of choice" is very definitely not an
option, as none of the others will have remotely similar behavior.

Parallel view in BibleCS has its own separate text layout system from
the rest of the program, which is significantly less robust and, in my
estimation, was never really finished. If you like having a
parallel-type view, I recommend using a different front end (Xiphos,
BibleTime, BPBible, etc.).

Finally, this doesn't really have anything to do with the Unicode BiDi
algorithm, which describes how to sequence text just fine. It's, if
anything, incorrect & non-uniform application of the algorithm.

--Chris