[sword-devel] osis2mod very happily generates modules with no text visible

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 25 15:27:58 MST 2011

Your OSIS XML file makes extensive use of sub-identifiers.
This is the first time I've seen these in any OSIS file.
I have not seen these discussed in any previous threads in the mailing list.
This might turn out to be the real cause of why osis2mod doesn't produce a
useful module.

The relevant section in the OSIS Reference Manual is:

15.3. Sub-identifiers

Translations also often split verses into parts, provided labels such as ‘a’
and ‘b’ for the separate parts.
Encoders may freely add sub-identifiers below the lowest standardized level.
They are set off from the
standardized portion by the character ‘!’. For example:

Rev.2.20!b

Such subdivisions are not standard across different translations, so
applications must be prepared to discard them when trying to locate a
referenced location in a different edition.  These extensions are not
considered a formal part of the canonical reference scheme, and so a work
that uses them need not claim it is using a different scheme.