[sword-devel] [Pkg-crosswire-devel] Packagers Take Note

Dmitrijs Ledkovs dmitrij.ledkov at ubuntu.com
Fri Dec 9 12:49:58 MST 2011

On 2 November 2011 15:06, Greg Hellings <greg.hellings at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know all the appropriate emails for SWORD packagers, but
> figured this is as good a place as any to put out this notice.
>
> SWORD SVN contains a few commits which should be interesting from the
> point of view of packagers for Linux distributions. While the current
> SVN is not directly compatible with the latest release of SWORD
> (1.6.2), interested parties should take note of commits 2661, 2662 and
> 2665 when packaging. These commits introduce compatibility with
> CLucene version 2.x while maintaining backwards compatibility with
> version 0.9x.  Additionally, commit 2665 fixes a major bug in the
> CMake build chain. Versions of the library without commit 2665 which
> are built with CMake will detect CLucene during configure but will not
> build against it, leaving the library with limited search
> capabilities.

Although the patches are good, they do no apply to 1.6.2 cleanly.

They depend on other commits (changes to cmake, addition of util functions)
On top of that they introduce more gcc-4.6 warnings which make it
failt to build from source.
I've looked at it for a little, but it's too much work for now for me.

Clean patch series against 1.6.2 would be highly appreciated (I know
I'm asking too much, but hey it's christmas soon ;-) )
Or for example 1.6.3 release ;-)