[sword-devel] Logos Personal Book Builder

Daniel Owens dhowens at pmbx.net
Sun Aug 14 07:15:37 MST 2011

I haven't looked at it myself either, but I like the concept.

This past week I was trying to revive the OpenOffice filter that was
broken with version 3 of OpenOffice. I have isolated the problem code in
the XSLT filter and commented it out so that the filter "works," but it
doesn't export the document into nicely nested divs. One of the hazards
of just hacking around in code without any real programming knowledge.
And I can't find any models of hierarchical xml being exported from
OpenOffice either (previously I used the TEI filter, but that project
seems to be dead), so right now, unless someone else can move it
forward, I am toying with the idea of creating a Perl script to go from
LaTeX to OSIS XML. OpenOffice can export to LaTeX. The advantage of that
is I could do it, but it would mean a second step. Any help is welcome,
especially if someone can rescue me from my XSLT doldrums.

Another issue to consider is that currently the OpenOffice export
feature only envisions Genbooks. That could change, but we have to get
them working first.

Daniel