[sword-devel] Change to Synodal verse system

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Mon Aug 1 04:21:20 MST 2011

At the time 1.6.2 was released, there were still no major Sword apps
that had been released with support for av11n to the extent necessary to
support Synodal-v11n modules. We had also only released a couple of
Synodal-v11n modules and only released them to the experimental
repository. Accordingly, we updated the v11n definition in place in
order to support the set of Synodal-v11n-like texts that include a Ps 114:9.

If an error were ever to be found in a released and reasonably
widely-supported v11n, we wouldn't implement the strategy you suggest,
of supporting two v11ns temporarily and removing the old v11n later. We
might deprecate the flawed v11n, but we would probably keep it in the
library forever.

--Chris