[sword-devel] superfluous spaces in Chinese text

David Haslam d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk
Thu Oct 21 07:27:34 MST 2010

Peter,

I am in email contact with the web-master for  http://www.godislove.cn/
http://www.godislove.cn/
who has been advising me about textual issues in the simplified Chinese
Union Version.

He has cautioned with regard to the present text from bible.fhl.net that
there are still some traditional ideograms in their text, so we should not
just take that as a starting point.

He has already supplied me with a better source text, but it does not have
Strongs and Morphology tags.
I have been using this to generate a better Go Bible application.
Earlier this week, we worked together on an issue in 1 Chronicles 22, where
verse 1 is missing, and the other 18 vss are out by -1.

Also, in April this year, Chris recorded this in [
http://www.crosswire.org/bugs/browse/MOD-92 MOD-92 ]:

"I have this mostly finished. I'm using our original source, but employing
their updated text. I've corrected a lot of their markup and retained the
morphology that had been stripped by whoever did the last conversion. Right
now, I'm delayed by some problems converting that morphology to something we
can decode (like OpenScriptures' Hebrew morphology encoding). "

David