[sword-devel] imp2vs and LZSS compression?

David Haslam d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk
Thu Oct 21 07:07:50 MST 2010

As a follow up to what we've been working on, I had a go at using
utils\imp2vs Import\WEB.raw.imp.txt -Z -o .\modules\texts\ztext\web3
I copied web2.conf to web3.conf and changed three lines as follows:
[WEB3]
DataPath=./modules/texts/ztext/web3/
CompressType=LZSS

Result: Files get created in the web3 folder, but nothing gets displayed by
Xiphos when WEB3 is selected.

Checking it with mod2imp WEB3 conforms there is no content.

Am I doing something amiss ?  Could someone else reproduce the issue?

The wiki states, "And as of today, no compressed modules use LZSS. "

So perhaps this has never been properly tested since early days....

David Haslam