[sword-devel] Applications

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Thu Oct 7 11:14:43 MST 2010

On 07/10/10 16:38, Barry Drake wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-10-07 at 17:23 +0400, Konstantin Maslyuk wrote:
>> I  cant decide is SwordReader deprecated or not it isn't developed for
>> a  years,  my  last patch for it was for a year ago.
>
> I'm still using it, but my old Windows Mobile pocket PC is getting a bit
> tired, and I certainly won't think about anything running Windows
> mobile.  I think WM is gradually going out of favour.  I wouldn't yet
> say SwordReader is deprecated, but I do think it's slowly going into
> oblivion along with the OS.

Thanks Konstantin and Barry!

Any suggestions as to how to formulate this on the website? I will keep
the reference to SwordReader on for another year or so.

Re QPSword, Dagger and the Palm references - any comments anyone?

On the one side it is nice support all kinds of ancient platforms, but I
would think that Qpsword is overtaken by Katana and Dagger by Rapier -
in terms of toolkits at least. Qtopia being now part of QT and Opie
being essentially a gtk environment, no?

Peter