[sword-devel] osis2mod debugging/titles

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Wed Nov 17 07:21:10 MST 2010

On 17/11/10 13:42, DM Smith wrote:

> On Nov 17, 2010, at 7:06 AM, Peter von Kaehne wrote:
>
>> BTW are these canonical titles or are they added in to show what is lost in translation?
>
> WRT OSIS, canonical is not meant to be a theological statement. It is meant to be what is in the book.

yes, I appreciate this. My question was exactly this - do acrostic
psalms like 119 have headings in form of a single letter indicating the
acrostic nature in the Hebrew source or is this simply the way
translators have marked up the text to indicate a poetic feature
otherwise lost in the translation.

Former would be "canonical", latter would be "non-canonical" according
to my understanding of the OSIS definition in question.

Peter