[sword-devel] osis2mod debugging/titles

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 17 05:55:04 MST 2010

Peter,

For Psalm 119, translations such as the KJV have the 22 headings, yet this
Psalm is only one of 13 poetic passages that are acrostically arranged.

The Bela module in the experimental repo has headings for some of these
other passages.
These are Psalms 9, 24, 33, 36, 110, 111, 118, 144. [This has Synodal v11n].

The only modern translation in which I have seen all 13 passages supplied
with acrostic headings is the Catalan BEC translation, one listed in our
http://crosswire.org/wiki/Module_Requests module requests  wiki page.
btw. The other acrostic passages are within Proverbs 31 and in Lamentations.

Are they canonical? I wot not, but gave the benefit of the doubt in favour.
That's properly a question for biblical scholars, rather than engineers and
programmers.

David