[sword-devel] What is a Sword module?

Robert Hunt hunt.robertj at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 16:02:28 MST 2010

Hi Brian,

     Actually, I've been trying to play with Sword software and modules
in order to gain understanding of how the whole system works, but I've
found it very hard to break into.

     Concerning module formats, I found DM's reply very confusing! "The
only documentation that will be provided is the code itself. It is not
commented very well. This is deliberate. It is not commented very well.
That is not deliberate;) All the code is readily available."

     As a way of learning, I have tried to make a module from a USFM
source but haven't got it working yet.

     I guess I haven't really grasped the "Crosswire/Sword" culture at
all yet. :(

Robert.