[sword-devel] Remote Module Repository Wiki

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Fri Nov 5 07:53:01 MST 2010

Jonathan Morgan <jonmmorgan at gmail.com> writes:
>> You can access http://ftp.xiphos.org/sword/mods.d.tar.gz, crack it open,
>> and see what's available.  Just two assumptions:
>> - the zip subdir is at the same level as mods.d
>> - xyz.conf has a corresponding xyz.zip.

> Agreed.  I can and have.  I don't expect my average user to, though.

My point was that a module manager (that is, the InstallManager class)
can do this readily.  It should be invisible for http+zip retrieval,
just as it already is for ftp+components retrieval.  It should just
happen as part of the request for local refresh of the remote content.

The downside is that, for ftp access today, mods.d.tar.gz is technically
not required; in its absence, InstallManager will crawl into mods.d and
find *.conf the hard way.  I don't get warm, fuzzy feelings about the
possibility of implementing an adequately general and successful parsing
scheme of directory content via http access.