[sword-devel] Remote Module Repository Wiki

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Fri Nov 5 07:24:30 MST 2010

Jonathan Morgan <jonmmorgan at gmail.com> writes:
> 2. Offering a list of downloads at CrossWire tends to suggest that
> they are the *only* books available.  While I can download zip files
> from Xiphos FTP directly (for example), it's not easy to find out
> about
> BPBible relies on zip installation at present.  I think this is a
> reasonable decision, though we would like to grow Install Manager
> support at some point (in part to get easier access to the Xiphos
> repository).

You can access http://ftp.xiphos.org/sword/mods.d.tar.gz, crack it open,
and see what's available.  Just two assumptions:
- the zip subdir is at the same level as mods.d
- xyz.conf has a corresponding xyz.zip.

DM Smith <dmsmith at crosswire.org> writes:
> I think every frontend should be able to browse, at least locally, for
> a "raw" zip and install it. That way the downloads from the web page
> become less of a support question.

You are re-invoking a question I asked some months ago, about baseline
behavior -vs- per-app features.  For all apps to support such behavior
is to draw a rather hard line in the sand under the "baseline" category.