[sword-devel] another OSIS weirdness: headers in LEB

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Thu Mar 25 12:29:55 MST 2010

On 3/25/2010 4:51 AM, Karl Kleinpaste wrote:
> So the new LEB from Logos came out, and there's a new module in the
> CrossWire repo.  I picked it up, and I turned on footnotes and headings.
>
> Before I turned on headings, display looked pretty normal, though I
> could question excess line breaks in Matt 1:23.  Turning on headings, I
> get this psychotically overwrought whitespace nightmare, and I've got no
> actual headings.

This is a filter issue, but there's actually insufficient whitespace
in/around Matt 1:23, to my thinking. It contains a block quote on two
lines that should be separated by vertical whitepace from both 1:22 and
the final part of 1:23. Only the latter vertical whitespace is conveyed
by our filters.

Logos is hosting the OSIS file that I prepared for our release at
http://www.lexhamenglishbible.com/download/ so you can see exactly what
was input to osis2mod and compare with what is presented.

> I don't know what to say about it.  I can't very well go looking for
> what's happening inside Xiphos, because this works fine for KJV and beta
> NASB and every other OSIS module.  But on LEB, RenderText() is simply
> freaked out for some reason.  Encoding problem?  osis2mod problem?
>
> I'm using Sword at -r2507.

My guess is that the issue pertains to filters (possibly OSISHeadings
since it affects both RTF & HTMLHREF users.

I issued an update with a workaround that flips the order of

<title>.....</title>

<title>.....</title>

That seems to fix it.

--Chris