[sword-devel] Mac OSX Development Setup

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Wed Jan 13 05:39:00 MST 2010

> ps:  there is an alternative to using fink, which is MacPorts --
> http://www.macports.org/ which I tried but ended up reverting to fink.  That was
> about 6 months ago, but I already forget how to use it.

Many moons ago when I was in possession of an ibook (I eventually hated it, but that is beside the point) there were three alternatives:

fink as described by Nic,

Darwinports (probably mnow the above mentioned macports) which works essentially like any other BSD ports system. Easy enough to learn but occasionally a bit tedious.

Gentoo on Mac (not sure where this is going or whether it still exists) which uses gentoo's tools around portage.

All three use their own root directory which allows having all three on a system. I would think though that mixing in this fashion can have some "interesting" effects, unless you ensure that all your paths are cleanly kept apart from each other.

Peter
--
Preisknaller: GMX DSL Flatrate für nur 16,99 Euro/mtl.!
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02