[sword-devel] [mobile-devel] Greetings

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Tue Jan 12 11:20:22 MST 2010

Hi there .........

Tóth Tamás wrote:
> The other thing is I've never used svn earlier (only cvs and
> sourcesafe) and I would like to ask you what to do with my modified files.
First, tell me where (exactly) you got the source.  Are you talking
about SwordReader for WinMo?  The last guy who did serious work on that
project was David Trotz.  He worked up until Febreary 2009.  Without
checking, I really don't know whether the files on the crosswire svn are
the up to date ones.  Congratulations on making the thing work under
VC4.  I used to be involved with the project a while back and will help
as much as I can, but first, I need to look at your starting point, and
look at the files David last uploaded to see where we go from here.

SVN is really easy to use.  As you are using VC4, I assume you are on
Windows.  Tortoise SVN is the application you will need.  You can use it
to download, but you will need to be granted upload access before you
can commit.  Meanwhile, I can upload your files for you.

David is no longer active on the project, and neither am I so it is up
for grabs if you want to take it on.  I've copied this to the Sword
developer's list, as I'm not sure how many folk take the mobile-devel
list.  It hardly ever gets posts.  You might want to join Sword_Devel as
well.

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) Health and Healing advisor to the East Midlands Synod of the United Reformed Church.  See http://www.urc5.org.uk/index for information about the synod, and http://www.urc5.org.uk/?q=node/703 for the Synod Healing pages.

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com