[sword-devel] OSIS variants

Matthew Talbert ransom1982 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 11:30:08 MST 2010

> though, that from a front-end perspective a simple option to include
> variants or footnotes could be added. After all, the notes are with the main
> text in the module. They are just displayed differently in the front-end,
> right? This could be revealing my ignorance, of course. If it is, then
> putting them in the main text makes sense.

Well, my understanding is limited as well, but the way I understand
it, but all of the information like footnotes is stored as attributes
of the verse itself. When it's displayed, we are basically given the
number of the footnote or lemma, etc, and when a user hovers over it,
we have to request the attribute with that number, eg an array like
[Footnote][1][body]. These attributes can be searched in sword, but
you can't search both the main text and the attributes simultaneously
(afaik). You *can* do simultaneous attribute searches with indexed
search, but unfortunately only the lemmas are indexed (not headers,
footnotes, cross-refs, etc).

Matthew