[sword-devel] Crossreferences

Trevor Jenkins trevor.jenkins at suneidesis.com
Mon Aug 16 05:49:36 MST 2010

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010, Peter von Kaehne <refdoc at gmx.net> wrote:

> Costas Stergiu of "The Word" has kindly provided a list of about 20.000
> crossreferences stripped out of a 16th or 17th century Statenvertelling.
>
> Pooyan Mehrshahi, a Bible translator of the Trinitarian Bible Society,
> has started checking this for accuracy and is so far very satisfied with
> it.

What criteria were used by the Statenvertelling team when compiling their
cross-references? The Trinitarian Bible Society has a very definite bias
in its noption of what constitute "accuracy".

There are cross reference lists produced by SIL/Wycliffe and UBS that are
based on sound linguistic theory. However, they might not be in public
domain. Of the two list I'd go with the SIL/Wycliffe/UBS one any day.

Regards, Trevor

<>< Re: deemed!