[sword-devel] [jsword-devel] New data, new CrossWire project, HELP WANTED

Daniel Owens dhowens at pmbx.net
Wed Apr 28 04:48:23 MST 2010

David,

Sorry, TEI is an XML schema that SWORD uses for lexicons. I expect it
will be fairly straightforward to convert from OSIS to TEI, but I will
need some time first. I have two classes to teach and a paper to
complete before then. :)

I don't think we need extra permission. I can ask David to clarify the
copyright status of his corrections, but typically OpenScriptures data
is released under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 license
(check out the footer of (http://openscriptures.org/). But I think
(based on my amateur understanding) that because Strongs is public
domain, it can't be copyrighted unless you create new content
(corrections wouldn't count). But either way, the data is available for
use, and we can double-check with David in time.

I am working with David on the morphhb, which is currently a SWORD
module. The module identifyer is OSMHB or Open Scriptures Morphological
Hebrew Bible. Currently the text is all public domain material, but once
we start adding morphology the morphology will be Creative Commons
Attribution-Share Alike. Again, either way it will be licensed in a way
fitting for STEP.

I guess that is a long way of saying, no, no extra permission is needed
for either of these.

Daniel