[sword-devel] BlackBerry Pearl

David Haslam d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk
Mon Apr 19 07:53:54 MST 2010

Hi everyone,

Other Bible software providers are already serving the BlackBerry market.
OliveTree Bible Software have an application.
And I just found this free software by doing a Google search.
http://www.blackberryfreeware.com/2008/11/blackberry-bible-reader-freeware.html

It's based on YouVersion, something we'd read about already in the context
of the iPhone.

Jaco's message today states,

Do you have any news for me re. the problem I had with GoBible not loading
or running on Blackberry phones? We get more and more requests about this,
as the Blackberry wave hit South Africa big time.

At this stage about 10 000+ cellphone Bibles are downloaded a month, a
number we can increase if we can fix the Blackberry problem.

What do others in CrossWire think?  Should CrossWire be addressing this need
?
i.e. With a SWORD front-end designed specifically for BlackBerry
Smartphones.
If so, start a new entry in
http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/Current_Projects#Ideas_for_projects

David