[sword-devel] "Known bad, do not test" modules in Beta

Nic Carter niccarter at mac.com
Tue Apr 6 20:48:29 MST 2010

There are a few modules which I can't create an index for.  Notably, BosworthToller and ZhEnglish (there may be more, but I can't remember off the top of my head).  I haven't actually tested many, but I can confirm that I can't create an index for either of those modules.

The code I use (which is common with MacSword, and works for most Dictionary modules) is:

        swModule->setSkipConsecutiveLinks(true);
        *swModule = sword::TOP;
        swModule->getRawEntry();
        while(![self error]) {
            char *cStrKeyText = (char *)swModule->KeyText();
            if(cStrKeyText) {
                NSString *keyText = [NSString stringWithUTF8String:cStrKeyText];
                if(!keyText) {
                    keyText = [NSString stringWithCString:swModule->KeyText() encoding:NSISOLatin1StringEncoding];
                    if(!keyText) {
                        ALog(@"[SwordCommentary -readKeys] unable to create NSString instance from string: %s", cStrKeyText);
                    }
                }

                if(keyText) {
                    [arr addObject:[keyText capitalizedString]];
                }
            } else {
                ALog(@"[SwordCommentary -readKeys] could not get keytext from sword module!");
            }

            (*swModule)++;
        }

Also, if you can't create an index for a Dictionary module in PocketSword, the Dictionary module is completely unusable.  Perhaps I should try to create a module, and if it gets into the while loop and stays in it for a minute or more, I kill the loop off and tell the user it's an unusable Dictionary in PocketSword?

Thanks, ybic
	nic...  :)