[sword-devel] SWORD 1.6.1

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Wed Sep 9 19:32:19 MST 2009

Troy A. Griffitts wrote:

> buffer limits re: clucene
> some warnings we could bypass

> Are there other minor things I'm forgetting which we've talked about
> adding into the code, or anything else which people really feel is
> necessary before a 1.6.1 release?

We're currently carrying the following patches against 1.6.0 in the
Debian/Ubuntu packaging work:

11_regex_only_when_needed.diff
12_fix_compiler_warnings.diff
13_fix_osis2mod_compression_default.diff
14_closing_section_not_chapter.diff
15_osis2mod_sid_eid_mismatch.diff
16_larger_search_buffer.diff
18_check_index_dir_is_writeable.diff
40_missing_includes.diff

Several of them are already in SWORD svn, I need to recheck which ones.
 All of these are intended to be bug fixes, not enhancements.  I'd
really like to see 40_missing_includes and a revised version of
12_fix_compiler_warnings get in there, if possible.  So we have a 100%
warning-free codebase.

Also, if we can fairly easily get things all set up correctly so that
all the regression tests actually pass, that would be good :)

I'm happy to work with you to get any or all of them rolled into 1.6.1
so I don't have to maintain my patch collection any more :)

I'll go through the 12_fix_compiler_warnings.diff now and fix up the
(two?) places (out of 100+) where you were unhappy with the way I did
things first time around.

Also, if we can get 1.6.1 out the door really fast (days not weeks) and
it is a 100% purely bug fix release (no new features at all, as measured
by the SWORD changelog entries for it), then it *might* still just
scrape into Ubuntu Karmic.

Thanks,

Jonathan