[sword-devel] SWORD 1.6.1

Matthew Talbert ransom1982 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 11:52:33 MST 2009

> We've made a number of significant small changes to warrant a 1.6.1
> release.  I believe many people are using SVN trunk, so we've had some
> good testing already.  I'd like to wrap up a few outstanding issues:
>
> buffer limits re: clucene
> some warnings we could bypass

I'm not sure what you're meaning with this last one, so forgive me if
this is redundant, but here are 3 issues I know about.

1.  Checking for the writability of the index location before indexing
is simple (FileMgr actually does it, we just don't check the return
value) and would prevent crashes. I'd like to see this put in.

2. There is still the issue of crashing on searching for stop words in
an indexed module. I realize there are different opinions as to how
this should be resolved, but the simplest (that I don't believe has
been mentioned) is simply to try/catch the clucene error that is being
thrown. Please consider implementing this.

3. There is also the issue of not checking the writability of the
module installation location and failing silently after downloading.
If that could be checked as well, that would be great.

Thanks,

Matthew