[sword-devel] Devanagari text displays different in SWORD than in the source IMP file

Tim Chase tchase at maf.org
Sun Sep 6 21:23:01 MST 2009

Hi David

I have tried several different Unicode fonts and still the display of some words are incorrect.  For instance you might want to try to display the first word of Mark 1:1 of the text that I sent you.  The correct rendering of this word is परमेश्‍वरका  but the way SWORD renders the text, it looks like परमेश्‌वरका .  which is an incorrect rendering of the 4th character in the word which should be a half character.  You'll notice the hylanta below that character position. That is a half character marker but, it should be invisable on this word.  Any words that have half characters have the hylanta showing in SPW.  Try BPBible and the words will render correctly.

I know the differences are slight but they do make a difference.

Tim