[sword-devel] Using Prince XML to print an OSIS file

David Haslam d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk
Wed Sep 2 05:38:55 MST 2009

I wonder if anyone at CrossWire has come across this software, which is
proprietary, though free for personal use?

http://www.princexml.com/ Prince XML

One of the samples used to illustrate its capabilities is making a PDF file
for the Epistle to Titus.

See  http://www.princexml.com/samples/ Samples  - see the last but one
example for OSIS.

Prince XML output formating of XML to make PDF files is based on Cascading
Style Sheets (CSS).

It can cope with any arbitrary XML schema, not just those publically defined
and described elsewhere.

Even though we program everything in CrossWire as open-source, this product
could provide some very useful capabilites to our contacts in Bible
Societies and Translation Agencies that may be difficult to find elsewhere.
Certainly worth a look therefore, and when the occasion arises, to be able
to mention it to those we collaborate with.

David