[sword-devel] autotools help

Matthew Talbert ransom1982 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 17:56:12 MST 2009

There is someone on the forum asking for help with compiling sword. It
appears he has sword nearly compiled except it's having problems
linking the buildtest program. It's easy to see what the problem is,
it's not linking with -lz, but I don't understand why this problem is
occurring. I believe I have had the same issue before, but don't know
how to resolve it (well, I could tell him to hand-edit the makefiles
to add -lz, but that isn't a very good solution).

Could someone who understands autotools look at this and give some
advice? The thread is here
http://www.crosswire.org/forums/mvnforum/viewthread_thread,725

Matthew