[sword-devel] OSIS feature support and questions

Jonathan Morgan jonmmorgan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 05:06:44 MST 2009

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 2:19 AM, Brian J. Dumont <bdumont at ameritech.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm preparing a commentary in OSIS, and have some feature requests :
>
> OSIS tables
> additional hi types: small-caps, underline, super, sub (small-caps is most
> important of these, but I'd appreciate all four)
> <q> markers.  When processed, these currently add a generic double quote (")
> quote (“) and the </q> adds a right double quote (”).  Most printed
> commentaries make use of both, including the one which I am preparing.  Lack
> of the two different quote types can sometimes make it confusing where
> quotations start and stop, in particular when many quotes are lumped
> together in a single paragraph.  Maybe this can be done with a style sheet.
> If so, could someone help me with how to accomplish this?
>
> Additionally, I have a question about <a> tags.  I'd like to put down
> markers for other modules to later link to.  Is it true that OSIS <a> tags
> only support "href" and not "name" attributes?  Maybe this should be done
> with an <index> tag instead?

I would have thought that you would indicate these with sections (from
memory <div type="section">).  Are you likely to have markers for
things that are not traditional sections?  If you have references from
other modules, I would have thought it would be to something like
Genesis 3:1-5, section 2, and giving each of your sections a unique ID
would probably allow them to be linked to.

Jon