[sword-devel] Help wanted on non-canonical text

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Thu Oct 1 13:12:02 MST 2009

Hi there ........

David Haslam wrote:
> I've been wondering for several months when someone would compile 1.6 for us
> so we could just download the Win32 binary.

Keep an eye on the other cross platform frontends.  Some of those may
very well soon offer a Windows binary which links with 1.6 before the
Sword for Windows front end is able to - am I right?  Xiphos is close
(it links with 1.6 library perfectly but doesn't fully support the
alternative canons quite yet), and I think BibleDesktop is nearly there.
  Can the team for each of them confirm?

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) Health and Healing advisor to the East
Midlands Synod of the United Reformed Church.  See
http://www.urc5.org.uk/index for information about the synod, and
http://www.urc5.org.uk/?q=node/703 for the Synod Healing pages.

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com