[sword-devel] 3-letter language character codes

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Mon Nov 9 09:51:42 MST 2009

DM Smith <dmsmith at crosswire.org> writes:
> ISO-639-3 is a changing set of codes.
> These all changed on 2009-01-16.

What is the point of "standardized" abbreviations if the "standard" is
not fixed?  "ckw" is replaced with "cak", "tzz" with "tzo"?  For whose
benefit is that, other than as a make-work issue for people like us?

Say, let's retire TCP port 25 -- mail should happen somewhere else...

Xiphos gained exactly such a list quite some time ago, but it never
occurred to me that I'd have to do updates to it in order to handle
retired/replaced codes.  Genuinely new ones, maybe, but that's all.