[sword-devel] Bibles without paragraphing

Nic Carter niccarter at mac.com
Fri Nov 6 20:32:52 MST 2009

I really like the sound of this  :)

One thought about your third strategy is that sometimes a paragraph
will start in the middle of a verse?  Or, at least, I'm thinking that
some Psalms start a new line in the middle of a verse...  I'm not sure
if we count a new-line in a Psalm as a new paragraph, but the
behaviour is similar?

Perhaps we could have both #1 and #3, where the user has a preference
to use #3 if the module lacks Feature=Paragraphs?  And if not, could
then fall back to Verse-Per-Line?

If we had #1 over #2, it would save updating a LOT of module confs,
given that there's a much smaller number of modules with paragraphs
than without?

On a side note, if you're going to be going through module confs, how
possible is it to switch all confs to use UTF8?  I know that there are
some confs that have their description written in different mark-
up . . .  perhaps RTF?  I'm not entirely sure what it is, but it would
be great if the front-end simply read in the conf description as UTF8
& knew that that would be valid text (whether that is Japanese,
Chinese, Spanish or Hebrew) & didn't require further massaging...  :)
(as an example, the description text for ChiNCVt & ChiNCVs is a mess,
yet there are fun characters in VietLCCM & that one works fine?)

just my 2c,
	nic...  :)