[sword-devel] SWORD 1.6.x Localization (Ps 151)

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Thu May 7 01:01:52 MST 2009

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 2:55 AM, Barry Drake <bdrake at crosswire.org> wrote:
> Hi Greg .......
>
> Greg Hellings wrote:
>>
>> as it is in my NRSV, as are 148-150.  There is no mention of 151, but
>> I have no idea if it's one of the ones sort of wedged into their
>> otherwise strange versification.
>
> Not all that strange - it's been around for 1600 years or so!  But, sadly Ps
> 151 doesn't get a look in.  Ps 1 and Ps 150 are identical in the protestant
> and Catholic canons - it's just some of the ones in between that are one
> number out.

I say "strange" both with tongue-in-cheek but also because they label
them with their own "alternate versification."  It's the only print
Bible I've come across that has multiple reference forms but only one
text! (of course parallel and interlinear and...)

> I take great hope from all of this!  If the church was so divided just four
> hundred years after Jesus walked this earth that it couldn't agree on its
> bible, why should things be any different today?  It's a good job God has a
> great sense of humour.  Maybe we should learn to have that same sense of
> humour!!!
>
> Sorry to get all religious - I'm sure this is not the place for it.

To quote people who came before me: "If not here, then where?" =)

--Greg