[sword-devel] SWORD 1.6.x Localization (Ps 151)

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Thu May 7 00:55:32 MST 2009

Hi Greg .......

Greg Hellings wrote:
> as it is in my NRSV, as are 148-150.  There is no mention of 151, but
> I have no idea if it's one of the ones sort of wedged into their
> otherwise strange versification.

Not all that strange - it's been around for 1600 years or so!  But,
sadly Ps 151 doesn't get a look in.  Ps 1 and Ps 150 are identical in
the protestant and Catholic canons - it's just some of the ones in
between that are one number out.

I take great hope from all of this!  If the church was so divided just
four hundred years after Jesus walked this earth that it couldn't agree
on its bible, why should things be any different today?  It's a good job
God has a great sense of humour.  Maybe we should learn to have that
same sense of humour!!!

Sorry to get all religious - I'm sure this is not the place for it.

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United
Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for
our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com