[sword-devel] KJV Beta issue

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 17:31:05 MST 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 10:15 AM, Greg Hellings <greg.hellings at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 6:59 PM, Ben Morgan<benpmorgan at gmail.com> wrote:
> > BPBible 0.4.4 currently displays a pilcrow without a space after it, as
> that
> > is what is in the text.
> > BPBible 0.5 will turn these into paragraphs, as that is what they
> represent.
>
> This should DEFINITELY be an option, as they don't actually represent
> paragraphs.  They represent printed Pilcrow characters in the KJV
> text, not paragraphs.  The reader should understand they indicate the
> beginning of a conceptual paragraph according to the translators'
> intentions, but they do not actually represent paragraphs in the
> printed text.

I'm not sure how much I care about the printed text; if the printed text is
verse-per-line, this doesn't mean that I have to restrict the users to this.
Similarly, if the printed text uses pilcrows, it doesn't mean that users
have to see them.

I'm not sure what distinction you are drawing between "conceptual
paragraphs" and "actual paragraphs" unless it is just talking about
representing the text exactly.

I could put an option in to let people display the pilcrows... and then
maybe put some title text explaining them on mouseover...

God Bless,
Ben
Multitudes, multitudes,
   in the valley of decision!