[sword-devel] osis2mod import issue

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Fri Jun 5 12:44:50 MST 2009

DM Smith <dmsmith at crosswire.org> writes:
>> I reported this against Xiphos. It may be a bug of it's.

> That certainly looks bad in Xiphos. I think it is a rendering bug.
> I'm curious what it looks like when headings are turned off

I closed his report a little while ago.

It's clearly not a bug in Xiphos; when I breakpoint in the display code
to catch the content coming back from the engine, there is a clear
excess of the use of "<!/P><br />".  They're all over the place, in
headings and in the text.  Also, his module ends every verse in a
paragraph spec, so even when Xiphos is not displaying the module in
verse-per-line mode, it's still showing as verse-per-line.

When headings are turned off, the entire excess-whitespace problem
disappears, though the discrepancy due to the module's
every-verse-is-a-paragraph problem persists, of course.