[sword-devel] Often-requested yet never-available Bibles

David Haslam d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk
Sat Jul 25 11:37:54 MST 2009

Jolon Faichney (the author the Go Bible program for mobile phones) approached
Zondervan in 2007, to request their permission for the NIV.

On May 10th, 2007, he reported having got a reply to the effect that
"the NIV costs US$10,000 to license and then US$10 per copy. There is also a
rather detailed approval process."

Source = Go Bible Forum
http:// http://jolon.org/vanillaforum/comments.php?DiscussionID=7

Is it conceivable that Rick Meyers payed IBS (now  http://www.biblica.com/
Biblica ) a similar license fee for distributing the e-Sword NIV?
If so, he must have done the maths for the business model based on the
charge per copy for users to download.

Being a non-income "organization", CrossWire is just not in this league.

-- David Haslam