[sword-devel] CD ISO Updates

Manfred Bergmann bergmannmd at web.de
Fri Jan 16 14:26:26 MST 2009

Hi Troy.

Am 15.01.2009 um 21:46 schrieb Troy A. Griffitts:

> Dear Manfred,
>
> Maybe we just have a really old version of MacSword on the CD.  Here
> is the current README:
>
> ftp://ftp.crosswire.org/pub/sword/iso/latest/README.mac
>
> Actually, I don't even see a .dmg file for MacSword any longer, as
> the README mentions.  It looks like it is exploded to MacSword.app
> now? When I tried to help a friend install MacSword from the CD a
> while back, I had trouble even opening the README.mac file.  Is it
> because of the extension?  Anyway, here is the root of the CD:

Yeah, there probably is no standard application registered for
the .mac extension. But any text editor like "TextEdit" should open it.
I'll rename it to README_Mac.txt then you can double click it to open.

The application is still released on a disk image (.dmg) at SourceForge.

> ftp://ftp.crosswire.org/pub/sword/iso/latest/
>
> I would appreciate your suggestions.  I believe you should have
> write access to ~sword/ftp/iso/latest/

I would update anything I find there if you don't mind?

Regards,
Manfred