[sword-devel] Localised language names for third party modules?

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Tue Dec 22 07:08:00 MST 2009

On 12/22/2009 08:18 AM, Karl Kleinpaste wrote:
> I updated ui/languages to make "tam" have the same localized name as
> "ta".  It will be in the new release at the end of this week.
>
> If you can tell us what other language codes need to be updated, I will
> do more of this.

See:
http://www.sil.org/iso639-3/iso-639-3_20090210.tab
Legend:
column      value                comment
1                ISO-639-3        3-letter code
2                ISO-639-2/B     3-letter code base on English
pronunciation of name
                                            E.g. ger, wel for German and
Welsh
3                ISO-639-2/T     3-letter code based on local
pronunciation of name
                                            E.g. deu, cym for German and
Welsh
4                ISO-639-1        2-letter code

Only a few rows have a value in the 4-th column. These are the ones of
interest.
Columns 1 and 3 probably match. While we use column 2 values for module
names, they are not specified for language names in the conf.

Hope this helps.

In His Service,
     DM