[sword-devel] SwordReader .....

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Tue Dec 22 05:02:14 MST 2009

Hi David ...........

David Haslam wrote:
> A search through the archives finds (2009-05-23) that David Trotz decided to
> stop work on SwordReader development.
David did correspond with me before he left, as I was a co-developer on
the project.  That is why I posted the comment.  I am not active on it
for two reasons.  One is that it is no longer able to build with the
free Microsoft environment without a lot of work, and the other is that
David's excellent coding took the whole thing way beyond my limited C++.

As the last release stands, it's an excellent app. and I use it
regularly, however, as more and more folk are moving away from Windows
Mobile, I suspect that there is no longer any need to maintain the
present release beyond offering support, which I can do!  There have
been almost no posts about it for ages now.  That suggests to me that it
is close to being dead in the water.

God bless,
Barry

--
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) Health and Healing advisor to the East Midlands Synod of the United Reformed Church.  See http://www.urc5.org.uk/index for information about the synod, and http://www.urc5.org.uk/?q=node/703 for the Synod Healing pages.

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com