[sword-devel] Devanagari text displays different in SWORD than in the source IMP file

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Tue Aug 25 13:59:40 MST 2009

Hi Tim,

Rendering of complex scripts is a matter of some concern for all our
frontends -  some do worse, some do better and some do really quite fine.

I think Xiphos and BibleDesktop might be the best bets for all things
related to complex fonts on Windows. BibleTime - I have not tried ever
on Windows, so I can not comment, but it uses a sound rendering machine
and might be ok too.

My suggestion to you is to choose one of our frontends which does the
job well and concentrate on that - re translation of interface etc and
just hope that improvements in the rendering engines improve the
situation for other applications eventually too.

Peter