[sword-devel] RSV/NRSV: Nope.

jhphx jhphx at cox.net
Sun Aug 23 21:58:12 MST 2009

Mike Hart wrote:
> ... In this work published in the United States, the copyright statement declares "copyright 1946/ International Council of Religious Education/to insure the purity of the text". ...

I am not a lawyer either but it seems to me that providing justification
for a copyright is not the same as giving license. Perhaps they are
saying that to insure purity they do not permit copying and not saying
pure copies are allowed. Saying it is not allowed to shoot a gun in the
air because it could kill someone is not saying that shooting a gun in
the air is permitted if it does not kill someone.

Jerry