[sword-devel] osis2mod linking bug

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 5 09:06:27 MST 2008

Peter von Kaehne wrote:
>> I think it is a fair assumption for osis2mod input that a chapter will
>> be defined with verses in numerical order.
>>

> I think this assumption is not correct. I have encountered verse re-ordering in many translations - it usually is only one or two occasions, and can probably safely be ignored until GenBook bibles are teh norm, but as an assumption it is not 100%.
I'm not sure I understand. Doesn't verse reordering also renumber? Why
would one have 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 4?

I know some have tried to provide KJV verse numbers for an alternate
v11n resulting in out of sequence verse numbers. But are there any
versifications that have out of sequence verse numbers?

-- DM