[sword-devel] OSIS introductions

Brian J. Dumont bdumont at ameritech.net
Sun Nov 30 19:20:58 MST 2008

DM Smith wrote:
> I'd like to suggest a change in how osis2mod handles introductory
> material.
>
> SWORD only stores verses and has a concept of verse 0 holding
> introductory material.
>
> Given a tuple, (testament, book, chapter, verse) we have the following
> introductions
> (testament, book, chapter, 0) - a chapter introduction
> (testament, book, 0, 0) - a book introduction
> (testament, 0, 0, 0) - a testament introduction
> I don't know if there is an introduction to the Bible as a whole.

A number of translations/commentaries include not only the above and
introductions to the Bible as a whole but also introductions to groups
of books:  the Penteteuch, the Prophetic Books, the 4 Gospels, the
Epistles of Paul, etc.

It would be nice to have a way to deal with them as well.

In Christ,
Brian