[sword-devel] Authoritative Module Sources

Brian J. Dumont bdumont at ameritech.net
Sat Nov 29 11:15:44 MST 2008

Troy,

I have to state, as a (fairly new) module developer, that I agree 100%
with Matthew.  Quite frankly, your response makes me feel like the
contributions of those putting together modules is not *really* valued
by the project.

CCEL is not really a good option, in my opinion.  Over the years they
have worked to further and further restrict access to marked up files.
I am encoding works that are in the public domain and I want them to be
freely accessible to *everyone*.  CCEL seems to have different goals.  I
don't blame them, I don't know their funding sources, their
organization, or their reason to exist.  They have every right to claim
copyright on the markup of public domain texts (I think).  But I don't
want to be a part of that.  My goals are different.

I had thought that they were in line with the Sword's goals.  It seems not.

Brian