[sword-devel] Authoritative Module Sources

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sat Nov 29 03:34:34 MST 2008

Dear Matthew,

I understand that you wish CrossWire were the host of authoritative
content.  We do not currently have the infrastructure to do this, nor do
we currently wish to do this when organizations like CCEL exist.  As
stated in my previous email, Harry Plantinga, who runs CCEL, attends
most of our OSIS conferences.  His team has even written a (now defunct)
OSIS MSWord plugin.  At one time, he even attempted to allow his
documents to be obtained in OSIS format using XSLT transformations.  He
created ThML long before OSIS existed and my hope (though somewhat
waning) is that someday he will adopt OSIS as his pristine source
markup.  But even if not, I know his team strives to push their
documents toward very well conforming and unambiguous ThML.  This makes
conversion much easier for us.  There have been times our users have
produced new material here at CrossWire and we have almost always
submitted that material to CCEL for hosting, maintenance, and further
development.

I am sorry that you disagree with this policy, but it is currently our
policy.  Please know that I have heard your disagreement.

	-Troy.