[sword-devel] Getting stuff done (Re: External links)

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 15:27:50 MST 2008

Here is how I would do it/it should be done:

For internal links in OSIS:
In:
<reference osisRef="module:encoded_key">Text</reference>
Out (For osishtmlhref):
<a
href="passagestudy.jsp?action=moduleRef&value=encoded_key&module=module">Text</a>

Vary the passagestudy string according to taste - especially moduleRef
If module == "self", use the current module.

If a link starts with Bible: or has no : in it, the existing reference code
should be used.

I see no reason to give an option for sword:// style of URLs - if anyone
wants them, they should write their own filters - there is no easy way to
allow user customization of them. The way above is consistent with the
similar functionality in the filters.

God Bless,
Ben
Multitudes, multitudes,